VoIP Telephone Services
All SWS Broadband packages support a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephone service. Many of our customers use Vonage who provide both home and business solutions.
Benefits of a VoIP Telephone service from Vonage:
- Keep your existing phone number and equipment
- No line rental
- Unlimited call plans – starting at £9.25/month
- 20 Free features including caller display, call divert and visual voicemail
- Make and receive calls on your mobile (Vonage Extensions App required)
- Easy to setup (no engineer visits or installation costs)
Please visit the Vonage website for further information
A VoIP phone is entirely dependent on your internet connection.
If you decide to use a VoIP provider for your telephone:
- Wait until your SWS Broadband connection is installed and working before ordering (equipment is usually delivered next day).
- If you have separate providers for telephone and broadband you will need to cancel your broadband independently.
- When your number is transferred to your VoIP service this will close your account and cancel any existing services (including from the same provider broadband).
- The process of transferring your telephone number is handled by your new provider – you don’t need to speak to your existing provider unless you have account/contract queries.
- DO NOT CANCEL EXISTING TELEPHONE SERVICES if you want to transfer your telephone number.
- If you cancel your service independently your number cannot be transferred to a new provider.
- If you have separate providers for telephone and broadband we recommend that you check that all services have ceased when your number transfer is complete.
Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.